Cambridge Health Alliance Readiness for Gambling Expansion (CHARGE) is an initiative designed to advance healthy communities across Massachusetts and beyond through provider training, outreach activities, and research related to gambling disorder, addiction and other related mental health conditions.
Upcoming and ongoing CHARGE activities during 2019 include:
- Hosting Gambling Disorder Screening Day, March 12th
- Dr. Heather M. Gray will present The Unitary Addiction Hypothesis to the clinical staff at the VA Boston Community Based Outpatient Clinic in March 2019
- Presenting a free webinar “Situational Preparedness in the Treatment of Gambling Disorder and Other Expressions of Addiction: A Webinar Sponsored by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health” in March
- Presenting the Division’s evaluation of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission PlayMyWay program (Date TBD)
- Dr. Sarah E. Nelson presented the Division’s evaluation of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission Voluntary Self-Exclusion Program to the Public Health Trust Fund on January 23rd
- Presenting the Division’s Massachusetts Gambling Treatment Services Gap Analysis: Part 1 – State of Services to the Public Health Trust Fund on January 23rd
- Presenting the Division’s Massachusetts Gambling Treatment Services Gap Analysis: Part 2 – Assessing Need to the Public Health Trust Fund on January 23rd
- Vanessa H. Graham presented the Gambling Disorder Screening Day Toolkit during the National Council on Problem Gambling webinar on February 19th
- Publishing a special series on gambling and addiction on The BASIS, starting March 4th
- Training Cambridge Health Alliance Outpatient Psychiatry providers and residents about Addiction Syndrome and gambling-related problems (Date TBD)
- Evaluating the Massachusetts Department of Public Health addiction helplines
CHARGE’s Sixth Gambling Disorder Screening Day
CHARGE’s sixth Gambling Disorder Screening Day on March 12, 2019 included supporters from within Massachusetts and around the nation.
- Alabama Council on Compulsive Gambling
- Association of Problem Gambling Service Administrators
- Boston Alcohol and Substance Abuse Programs
- Cambridge Health Alliance Outpatient Addictions Service
- Council on Compulsive Gambling of Pennsylvania, Inc.
- Gavin Foundation
- Illinois Council on Problem Gambling
- International Centre for Youth Gambling Problems and High-Risk Behaviors
- International Gambling Institute – University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Jacquelyn Burger, MS, LCADC
- KGA, Inc.
- Massachusetts Council on Compulsive Gambling
- National Council on Problem Gambling
- New Hampshire Council on Problem Gambling
- Nicasa Behavioral Health Services
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
- North Charles, Inc.
- Paul Booth, MS/MFT/MAC/CSAT/MAT
- Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, Office of Compulsive and Problem Gambling
- Social and Economic Impacts of Gambling in Massachusetts
- St. Francis House
- Treatment Innovations
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Veterans Anonymous
- Washington State Health Care Authority, Division of Behavioral Health & Recovery, Problem Gambling Program
To learn more about CHARGE’s accomplishments, we invite you to navigate using the buttons above or click explore CHARGE’s annual updates below: