Post Doc Opportunity
The Division on Addiction at Cambridge Health Alliance, a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital, is seeking an individual who has strong quantitative skills and a background in psychology, public health, and addiction, and predictive analytics. The post-doc will work with P.I.’s Drs. Debi LaPlante and Sarah Nelson and their team to investigate patterns of Internet gambling behavior, identify markers of gambling-related problems among Internet gamblers, understand the effects of expansion of gambling in new markets, and more. The project will make use of anonymized player data from a large multinational sports betting and gaming organization, as well as player survey data. The post-doc will contribute to answering key research questions and have plentiful opportunity to generate and explore related research questions, contribute to education and public outreach activities, and participate in manuscript and grant writing.
Duration: 01/01/20 to 12/31/21 (2 years)
The Post Doc is a paid position at our offices in Malden, MA and is ideal for someone who meets the following requirements:
- PhD; Strong interest in the field of addictive behaviors and experience in social science research, particularly in an academic and/or public health setting is preferred.
- Excellent computer and writing skills required.
- A strong background in statistics, including proficiency with one or more statistical software packages or programming languages (e.g., R, SPSS, Python).
- Experience applying data mining techniques and handling large data sets an advantage.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Internet gambling and daily fantasy sports an advantage.
Salary is competitive and includes benefits.
To apply: Please send a cover letter, CV, and one-page statement of research interest to Ms. Vanessa Graham. Letters of reference required only upon request.