Community Health Educator II
The Community Health Educator will be a thought partner for and key contributor to the Division’s professional and community-based capacity building and public health initiatives. This individual will work with an interdisciplinary team of Harvard Medical School faculty and research associates to help build a culture of commitment to health and health equity in the region. Responsibilities may include:
- Conduct in-person and multi-media trainings for health providers and community groups in New England (primarily Massachusetts and New Hampshire); Host webinars and trainings (digital and face-to-face)
- Work with capacity building specialists at the Division to create and execute a long-term plan to expand the Division’s capacity building activities for special projects
- Contribute to the development of grant proposals for capacity building and outreach activities; Create and implement new outreach initiatives
- Work with capacity building specialists at the Division to develop a state-wide coalition of organizations representing a continuum of addiction-related services in Massachusetts and New Hampshire
- Work with capacity building specialists at the Division to create and execute long-term plans to increase awareness of addiction-related public health issues in Massachusetts and New Hampshire
Ideal candidates have a strong background in public health and an interest in evidence-based public health outreach, health equity and discrimination, in general, and addiction-related evidence-based public health outreach, specifically. Experience and interest in health equity and discrimination preferred.