This year’s Gambling Disorder Screening Day will be March 14, 2017. Contact the Division at email@example.com to find out how you can participate.
Cambridge Health Alliance Readiness for Gambling Expansion (CHARGE) is an initiative designed to advance healthy communities across Massachusetts and beyond through provider training, outreach activities, and research related to gambling disorder, addiction and other related mental health conditions.
The goals of CHARGE are to:
- Build awareness of gambling-related problems and treatment solutions among CHA providers and support staff;
- Implement a graduated education program for CHA providers;
- Support and advance existing and new community outreach and assessment partnerships;
- Support and advance existing and new treatment evaluation efforts;
- Develop CHARGE’s visibility and influence as a source for gambling-related research, education, and treatment; and
- Build an independent research and training infrastructure for CHARGE.
Leading Cambridge Health Alliance’s (CHA) initial charge toward problem gambling preparedness are two key department of psychiatry CHA organizations—Outpatient Addiction Services and the Division on Addiction.
CHARGE is an opportunity for CHA to maintain its well-deserved reputation for treating addictive behavior by being a model service provider for those who suffer with gambling disorder and related conditions. CHARGE also will help make CHA a leader in gambling-related treatment and research through provider education, community outreach, treatment practices, and innovative public health and medical research.
CHARGE values evidence-based practices, professional learning opportunities, and scientific research as foundations for building healthy communities. We are committed to mitigating the impacts of expanded gambling on the public. We will demonstrate our dedication to these ideals by creating a model gambling disorder-treatment system.
To learn more about CHARGE’s accomplishments, click below: